Come and see what fruit & vegetables can be grown in St Albans’, Harpenden and village gardens.
Get free advice that will help you grow your own, and be inspired by different food garden designs. Bring a friend, or your neighbour.
Open times are 3.00pm to 5.00pm,unless otherwise stated below. Just turn up on any of the following dates.
Sat 29th April 104 Marshalswick Lane, St Albans, AL1 4XE
Tue 16th May 13 Abbey View Road, St Albans, AL3 4QL
Sat 24th June 30 Gustard Wood (off The Slype), Wheathampstead, AL4 8RR
Sun 2nd July, 10-1pm Burydell Allotments, Burydell Lane, Park Street, AL2 2PU
Sun 2nd July 66 Sherwood Avenue, St Albans, AL4 9PL
Sat 29th July, 2-4pm 4 York Road, St Albans, AL1 4PL
Sat 29th July 27 Glenferrie Road, St Albans, AL1 4JT
Sun 20th August 23 Gresford Close, St Albans, AL4 OUB
Sun 17th September 2 Cowper Road, Harpenden, AL5 5NG
- No booking required.
- Suggested donation of £2 per garden visit for over 16s.
- No dogs please except guide dogs.
- Wheelchair access restricted at most gardens.
- See TransitionStAlbans.org for more informationabout all the gardens, including access and parking or to find out more about other Transition St Albans Projects.
- Community growing group, FoodSmiles St Albans, also runs skills sessions (Growing Asparagus) and talks and is setting up Incredible Edible Gardens.
See www.FoodSmilesStAlbans.org.uk for details