Want to help us with our work? We are a small group, fully volunteer run, so your help will make a real difference to us.
Our current volunteer opportunities are set out below (last updated May 2017).
For all vacancies, email email@example.com for more information.
1. Electric Bike day volunteer marshal
- one or two hour shifts between 10 and 4
- part of the marshalling team
- Sunday 18th June 2017, in Verulam Park
2. Open Food Gardens guide
- part of the guiding team for our Open Food Gardens
- afternoons on different dates throughout the summer
- you don’t need to be an expert gardener! Just friendly and organised.
3. Event organiser for SuStAinable StAlbans Week events
- part of the team organising our opening event, in Harpenden (21st April), or our finale, in St Albans (29th April)
- we need enthusiastic, well organised people who are happy to muck in with a small team, planning and running an event
- we meet every 2-3 weeks, generally during the day time mid-week, although this is flexible
4. Website Manager
- could you build and maintain our new website?
- if you have a few days to help set the new website up, and then around half a day a week at hours that suit you to maintain it, that would be invaluable to us
5. Live in the villages? Could you help us raise awareness?
- If you live in Redbourn, Sandridge, Wheathampstead, or the Colneys, could you help us raise awareness?
- We would need a few hours over the next year, putting up posters and speaking to local organisations about getting involved in SuStAinable StAlbans Week
6. Membership Secretary
- Could you help us behind the scenes as Membership Secretary?
- We need someone well organised and with good communication skills, for 3-4 days around our AGM in September to set the system up and then for around half a day a month (in your own time) to welcome new members by email and add them to the mailing lists
- Could you help steer our direction and grow our impact?
- From our AGM in September, we hope to add one or two more trustees to our current steering group
- We meet monthly, generally on a week day evening, plus occasional longer meetings at the weekend, around twice a year
- We have no staff, so trustees are very involved. We share the work between us of fundraising, communicating and organising Transition St Albans’ work.
Or, for now, just join our mailing list, to get our monthly newsletter
Email us here and ask to join our mailing list to receive the monthly newsletter and updates about future meetings, events and related local information.
Becoming a member of Transition
Being a member of Transition is being involved in any way that suits you. If you want to come along to events and meetings you can meet other members and find out more about the various groups that are running and get involved.
YOU CAN GET INVOLVED IN TRANSITION st albans BY JOINING ANY OF the GROUPS, open Meetings OR COME TO A SOCIAL EVENT.
Transition is built through the ideas and energy of people in the local community; if you have ideas that you would like to develop, please get in touch.