Have you always wondered what the council is doing about sustainability? Well, this is your chance to find out! The Council and its partners have created a wide range of events for 2016 Sustainable StAlbans Week all about their sustainable practice and invited you to join them! We hope you can take them up on their offer during 19th – 26th November. Join in. Learn something. Have fun!
Full details of each event is available on our online listings at www.sustainablestalbans.org or in the Sustainable StAlbans Week Programme click here to see. Some events require booking in advance.
- Mon 21st Nov: Tour & TALK – Westminster Lodge Leisure Centre. Find out how the Council have reduced emissions per visitor by 40%.
- Tues 22nd Nov: Tour of the Agrivert Composting Site. Find out what happens to your food and garden waste after it is collected from your home.
- Wed 23rd Nov: Recycling Roadshow. Speak to the Council’s Recycling team – learn about the recycling facilities available, have your questions answered, find out what items can be recycled where and get information on local reuse facilities.
- Wed 23rd Nov: Incorporating sustainability into the new Town Hall development
- Wed 23rd Nov: St Albans Super Highway-Guided Walk
- Wed 23rd Nov: Verulamium Park Walk and Talk
- Thurs 24th Nov: Bricket Wood Common – Heritage, Biodiversity and Managing for Future Generations
- Thurs 24th Nov: From Global to Local – How the Council is taking action to address sustainability.
- Fri 25th Nov: Recycling lorry in town centre – meet ‘Munch’! from Veoila.
- Sat 26th Nov: Herts Healthy Homes – helping you keep warm and well this winter. Promoting the Herts Healthy Homes service to St Albans residents.
- Sat 26th Nov: Trees in St Albans – their management, maintenance and protection. Find how the District’s trees and wooded landscapes are cared for and protected