Exceptionally, our monthly Green Drinks social evening at the same pub – normally on the second Tuesday of the month – had been brought forward by a week, to make it a part of the ten day local food scene celebration that is the St Albans Food & Drink Festival.
“Grow it, Cook it, Eat it! – Green Drinks Harvest” programme
8.25pm – Opening speech by Peter Bloomfield of TSA
8.30pm – Kevin Yelland, the Chief Brewer of the Award winning Verulam Brewery, which is based at the Farmer’s Boy, gave a “Talk and Brewery Tour”. So many people were interested that there wasn’t enough space for all of them inside the small brewery building…
9 pm – Roselyne Masselin, Chef and owner of the local Vegetarian cookery school “La Cuisine Imaginaire” and BBC Cookery author, did a Vegetarian cookery demonstration, complete with tastings. The soup and veggie burgers were truly delicious!
We also had:
- an Open Gardens photo display by Romayne
- our Pallet Garden in the pub’s courtyard, replanted by Peter B
- home grown produce to take away, grown by members of the food group, coordinated by Heather
- seeds and seedlings, complete with instructions, also from the food group
- lovely homemade cakes by Amanda Y
- vegetarian nibbles kindly provided by the Farmer’s Boy
The evening went very well, with a really nice atmosphere throughout. In all, some 25-30 people came, so there were many interesting conversations and contacts made. And always good to see some new people too!
Thanks to everybody who helped make it such a good evening!
You can see a few photos here.