On Saturday 16 July, any time between 2 and 5 pm, you can visit Sandy and Len’s garden at 23 Tavistock Avenue, AL1 [map]. No need to book, just turn up, have a look round and ask all the questions you want.
The garden is large and very well-established, with lots of mature fruit trees and many different kinds of vegetables and herbs. Although it is north-facing, the long length means that the growing capacity is not affected.
Sandy and Len grow their produce in a mix of borders, raised beds, a greenhouse and containers. The garden incorporates numerous water-saving features and an aerobic compost bin, and the house has solar panels.
The garden is a delight to visit, even for those whose own garden is much smaller. The owners have worked on it for many years and have a wealth of knowledge which they are very willing to share.
- No need to book, just turn up between 2 and 5 pm at 23 Tavistock Avenue [map]. Tavistock Avenue is in Sopwell, at the south end of the city, and is spacious with no parking restrictions.
- Bikes can be locked in the garage or outside.
- Light refreshments will be available.
- We will be asking for a donation of £2 towards TSA projects for everyone aged over 16 (under 16s free).
- Please do not bring dogs (except Guide Dogs).