Transition Streets is a way to bring neighbours together to cut their household bills and their carbon footprint through taking practical action. It’s free to take part, and a great way to turn neighbours into friends.
WATCH “TRANSITION STREETS IN 2 MINUTES” , Download our Streets flier March 2014, or read on!
Transition Streets in a nutshell:
You and your neighbours form a group on your street.
- You meet together 7 times in your homes, at times that suit you.
- We give you an information pack and come to the first meeting to get you started. We can lend you electricity monitors so you see what you’re using.
- You talk about energy, water, food, waste and transport, sharing your ideas. Everyone chooses actions that suit them. Practical things, like changing your light-bulbs, getting a water butt, or pumping up your car tyres.
What we’ve achieved so far:
- In our first year, well over 100 local households have got involved in 14 groups across the district, and more are joining all the time.
- Savings are on average £380 per year on bills and 0.8 tonnes of CO2, for each household that takes part.Participants feel more informed about the environment, more connected to their community & more confident about what to do.
- Save money on your household bills.
- Cut your carbon footprint.
- Enjoy getting to know new neighbours & building your community.
- Learn more about what practical things you can do.