Groups currently running:
Transition Streets is up and running in St Albans & district! We have twelve Streets groups around the district, from the town centre to the villages; three groups have completed (see below) and there are nine groups currently running.
- A group is running on Riverside Road (first meeting 3/2/13). Eight households have joined together to form this group and are already sharing information & views about solar panels and the green deal.
- Our Wheathampstead group is more of a Transition Village! (started 10/2/13) If you live in Wheathampstead and you want to know more, and maybe even start a second group, then get in touch either with TSA or with the Wheathampstead Preservation Society.
- The last of the six original Transition Streets pilot groups is on the Whitecroft Estate, off London Road (started 7/3/13) with five households taking part.
- Another two groups have started in Fleetville. The first is on Jennings Road, St Albans with six households taking part. Enthusiasm and laughter abounded!
- Then the Burnham Road group started on 13th June.
- The first Harpenden group started on 11th July, on Cowper Road.
- Our tenth group, in Priory Park started 12th September with nine households from Ramsbury Road, Approach Road, and Riverside Road in St Albans .
- Group number 11 is our pilot in a secondary school; Sir John Laws in Harpenden, with their Eco Club made up of children from years 7 to sixth form. It started on 8th October.
- Hot on it’s heels was our York Road group, on 9th October.
The first Streets group to complete was our Fishpool Street group. Look on the evaluation page for quotes and examples of changes people have made.
Our Woodstock Road group has also completed now.
Woodstock Road South group.
Our Kimpton Bottom group (who started 2/2/13) has completed.
Interested in starting one? We have room for a handful more groups in this round. Click here to read more.
Useful documents for group initiators: