Transition Streets is up and running in St Albans & district! We have thirteen Streets groups around the district, from the town centre to the villages.
- The first Streets group to complete was our Fishpool Street group.
- Woodstock Road South, in Fleetville.
- Kimpton Bottom, who have decided to keep going with shared veg gardening.
- Riverside Road. This group made loads of changes to their homes and habits whilst it was running, and then decided to launch a Riverside Road Film Club!
- Our Wheathampstead group was more of a Transition Village. They have gradually made wide-ranging changes like draft-proofing and LED lights, including one household installing a biomass boiler. They are going to keep going with shared veg gardening and a joint bee-hive, and are researching community energy.
- Whitecroft Estate, off London Road.
- Jennings Road. Enthusiasm and laughter abounded! More cycling is happening, sharing recipes, reduced use of “standby” and lots of other little things.
- Burnham Road
- The first Harpenden group on Cowper Road.
- Priory Park, with nine households from Ramsbury Road, Approach Road, and Riverside Road in St Albans .
- Group number 11 is our pilot in a secondary school; Sir John Laws in Harpenden, with their Eco Club made up of children from years 7 to sixth form. It started on 8th October.
- York Road group, in Fleetville.
- Salisbury Avenue, in Fleetville.
Interested in starting your own group? We have room for more groups and it’s totally free to take part, because the project is fully-funded. Click here to read more.
Useful documents for group initiators:
- info sheet 1 – Fact Sheet
- info sheet 2 – Top Tips
- info sheet 3 – Evaluation
- Totnes Transition Streets – project report Sep 11