Join our mailing list to get our monthly newsletter
Email us at info @ transitionstalbans . org and ask to join our mailing list to receive the monthly newsletter and updates about future meetings, events and related local information.
YOU CAN GET INVOLVED IN TRANSITIONS BY JOINING ANY OF the GROUPS, open Meetings OR COME TO A SOCIAL EVENT.
Have a look on the website to find out more about the different projects that you might like to get involved with:
- Streets: you can start your own ‘Transition Streets’ group in your road or neighbourhood; it’s a good way to get to know your neighbours, find out more about energy issues, food, transport, household waste, and we help you to get started.
- Energy: the group welcomes people interested in developing ideas around energy; or you could help with the ‘Open Homes’ project.
- Food: if you like food, want to try growing it, can help us maintain the ‘Courtyard Cafe’ garden, or want to find out more about gardening.
- Food Smiles: Local Food for St Albans: if you are interested in developing or being involved in a local community food project
- Social Events: have a look on the events calendar for dates of ‘Green Drinks‘ where you can meet up with other people for interesting conversation in a friendly setting. This is a good place to start to get to know a few other people who share an interest in environmental issues. Or come along to any of the other events, including our Open Meetings or the OpenFoodGardens in the summer months.
Transitions is built through the ideas and energy of people in the local community; if you have ideas that you would like to develop, please get in touch.
We’re looking for communicative, creative and committed individuals who will promote Transition St Albans and our work to the public. We’ll provide you with some basic tools and training to get started, so you don’t need to be a marketing expert, but you do need to be someone with excellent communication skills, who is enthusiastic about what TSA does.
Communications & PR volunteers will help TSA by promoting our social media content, writing blogs, and promoting local events. You should also bring your own ideas for raising awareness about TSA in our local area.
Could you help us raise funds to carry out more work in St Albans? If you’ve got a little bit of time to research trusts & foundations and, alongside our workgroups, put together application forms then we’d love to hear from you. Or maybe you could help us approach local businesses for resources?
Half a day a week would be enough to make a real difference.
Open Food Garden Co-ordinators:
The Plant Extravaganza, OpenFoodGardens and Grow it, cook it, eat it projects will continue to be run for next summer. In order to make the existing projects happen we will need support:
- help with the OpenFoodGardens project
- volunteers to help organise and administer the scheme
- people to grow small vegetable plants for the Plant Extravaganza
- people to help maintain and plant The Courtyard Café garden
We would like to move on to more ambitious projects such as fruit harvesting and land share.
If you would like more information about any of these projects or would like to be involved in any of them please contact us at: info AT transitionstalbans DOT org.